World Book Day
World Book Day is celebrated throughout our school each year. Please see the attached letter about how we are going to celebrate this year.
You can find more information from the World Book Day website: https://www.worldbookday.com/2020/09/world-book-day-2021-announcements/
Here are some of the ways you can join in with World Book Day celebrations this year…
1. CHOOSE YOUR £1 BOOK - (BOOK TOKENS WILL BE GIVEN OUT IN SCHOOL ON 8TH MARCH AND MUST BE USED BY 28TH MARCH) Take a look at the line-up ofâ€¯£1 books for 2021, featuring some favourite authors and illustrators. The handy ‘Look Inside’ feature gives a preview of each book before you make your choice.
2. SHOW YOUR SHARES - Check the WBD website for further details of the theme each week for a chance to winâ€¯prizes for the best story shares. Week 1 (22-28 Feb) Books That Make You LOLâ€¯, Week 2 (1-7 Mar) Bringing Books To Life, Week 3 (8-14 Mar) Books And The Real World, Week 4 (15-21 Mar) Sharing Books Together.
4. FREE AUDIOBOOKS - A brand new selection of freeâ€¯audiobooksâ€¯for all ages is now available but don’t delay as some books are available for a limited time only.
5. SHARE A STORY - Theâ€¯Share A Story Cornerâ€¯videos are perfect for watching with little ones. Or head to theirâ€¯YouTube channelâ€¯for videos of World Book Day ambassadors reading from their own (or their favourite) children’s book.
6. BE A READING STAR - Fill in your own book-y star chart every time you share a story with the â€¯Reading Stars game!â€¯(Your teachers will put these on the website for you too).
We hope that you will enjoy sharing these activities with your child. Keep watching the home learning pages on the website for recommendations from your child’s class teacher too.